MBBS in New Zealand medical colleges is a 6 year degree offering state of the art technology and premium quality infrastructure to the aspirants. There are two universities in New Zealand offering MBBS degree and both make it to the top medical colleges (2020) QS Rankings. Each university has two medical colleges, however, only the medical college of University of Otago is approved by MCI (Medical Council of India).
To pursue an MBBS course in New Zealand, the applicant needs to fulfil the following requirements.
- Original Certificate & mark sheet of 10th class.
- Original Certificate & mark sheet of 10+2 or equivalent class.
- Original Degree of MBBS or equivalent (in case of PG candidates only)
- Two letters of recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- A GPA of 6.0 on a scale of 8.0 will be required in all eight courses to be eligible for an interview.
- UCAT score should also be submitted.
- IELTS: 6.0
- TOEFL (iBT): 80
What is the UCAT?
The UCAT ( University Clinical Aptitude Test) is an online test required by medical schools in the UK. It is designed to test cognitive abilities, attitudes, critical thinking, and logical reasoning.
The UCAT helps universities select applicants with the right abilities to pursue careers in the healthcare field. The UCAT test is not based on a science-related curriculum. The format of the test covers questions that assess logical skills, such as decision making, quantitative reasoning, and situational judgement.