The Medical degrees in Canada are for 3 to 4 years, and you are required to have a bachelor’s degree before enrolling into medical universities in Canada. If you are applying for a medical degree in Canada without background in Science, the duration of the course will be 5 years. To apply for a 4 year medical degree to study medicine in Canada, you are required to have a bachelor’s degree in biology or related subjects.
To pursue an MBBS course in Canada, the applicant needs to fulfil the following requirements.
- Undergraduate Degree
- English Language Proficiency Tests(6.5 band in IELTS)
- MCAT (Medical College Admission Test)
- NEET Scorecard
- Statement of Purpose
- Extracurricular activities certificates and achievement
- Mark sheets and passing certificates of class 10th, 12th, Bachelor’s degree
- Scorecard of English language proficiency exam. For example IELTS or TOEFL
- Two letters of recommendation
What is the MCAT?
The Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) is a multi-choice exam created by the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC). Almost all US medical schools require applicants to submit MCAT exam scores during their university application.
The MCAT exam takes approximately 7 hours and a half to complete and it is comprised of 4 main parts:
- Biological and Biochemical Foundations of Living Systems
- Chemical and Physical Foundations of Biological Systems
- Psychological, Social, and Biological Foundations of Behaviour
- Critical Analysis and Reasoning Skills
Average tuition fees and living expenses a year for international students studying MBBS in Canada is between CA$30000 and CA$125000 depending on the Universities. Other than the MBBS course fees in Canada, the country is affordable for accommodation as well as for transportation also. Here is the MBBS in Canada Fees mentioned according to the universities.
|College Name||Canada medical college fees|
|University of Toronto||$91760 Per Year|
|Dalhousie University||$36413 Per Year|
|Trinity Medical College||$41400 Per Year|
Best Medical Universities to Study at in Canada
- University of Alberta Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry
- University of Calgary Cumming School of Medicine
- University of British Columbia Faculty of Medicine
- Memorial University of Newfoundland Faculty of Medicine
- Dalhousie University Faculty of Medicine
- McMaster University Michael G. DeGroote School of Medicine
- Northern Ontario School of Medicine
- Queen’s University School of Medicine
- University of Ottawa Faculty of Medicine
- Université de Sherbrooke Faculté de Médecine et des Sciences de la Santé
- University of Saskatchewan College of Medicine